The Native Tribes Of South Australia [1st Ed]
$1,250.00 inc GST
By J.D. Woods [Ed]
First printing of this key anthropological work
- First Edition [E.S. Wigg & Son, Adelaide, 1879] in very good condition; green boards; professionally repaired split to front.
- First collation of six already-scarce items, being:
- The Narrinyeri by the Rev. George Taplin;
- The Adelaide Tribe by Dr. Wyatt, J.P.;
- The Encounter Bay Tribe by the Rev. A. Meyer;
- The Port Lincoln Tribe by the Rev. C.W. Schurmann;
- The Dieyerie Tribe by S. Gason; [and]
- Vocabulary Of Woolner District Dialect [NorthernTerritory] by John Wm. Ogilvie Bennett.
- With bookplate of renowned anthropologist Frederic Wood Jones