W. Baldwin Spencer [Signed etc]
$2,500.00 inc GST
Various important works inscribed by Spencer to Mr & Mrs Robert Stott
- Three important works, each a presentation copy from renowned anthropologist W. Baldwin Spencer to Robert Stott and his family members, being:
- Across Australia by Baldwin Spencer & F.J. Gillen; Second Edition [Macmillan, September 1912] in two volumes with gift inscription to vol one “To Robert Stott / with the kindest regards of / W. Baldwin Spencer / June 1923”
- An Untamed Territory by Elsie R. Masson; First Edition [Macmillan, 1915] with gift inscription to Stott’s daughter “Mavis Stott / with best wishes from / W. Baldwin Spencer / 1923”
- Wanderings in Wild Australia by Baldwin Spencer; First Edition [Macmillan, 1928] in two volumes with gift inscription to vol one “To Mrs Robert Stott / with the regards & thanks of / W. Baldwin Spencer”
- As detailed in Wanderings In Wild Australia, Sergeant Robert Stott was a senior police officer in the Northern Territory who accommodated both Spencer and Gillen during their extensive stints in Northern and Central Australia. A footnote in the text also acts as some small eulogy as it was during the production of this work that Stott was accidentally killed in Adelaide, thus the presentation of the book is to Stott’s widow.