Photographe De Paris [Eugène Atget 1st Edition]
Arranged by Berenice Abbott
First publication dedicated to the photography of Eugène Atget
- First book on the photography of Eugène Atget [1857-1927] and published posthumously [Henri Jonquières, Paris, 1930; first edition – concurrent with US and German editions but taking precedence].
- Selected by renowned American photographer and friend Berenice Abbott [all but seven of the photographs came from her personal collection] in collaboration with the publisher.
- With preface by Pierre Mac-Orlan [in French].
- Frontispiece portrait of Atget by Abbott; 96 full-page b&w collotype reproductions of Atget photographs in and around Paris; fold-out Table des reproductions photographiques + colophon tipped in at end.
- Spine restored by professional conservator and label affixed [noting Mac-Orlan]; small tear to fold-out list repaired; some rubbing and minor blemishes to silk boards, else excellent condition.
- A rare first printing of a most significant photography book.